Diabetes mellitus is a chronic endocrine disorder. There are a number of different causes of diabetes but by far the majority of cases are classified as either type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Signs and Symptoms of diabetes mellitus
- Frequent urination (Frequent bed-wetting in children who have been toilet trained)
- Excessive Thirst
- Excessive Hunger
- Weakness and fatigue
- Blurred vision or any change in sight
- Fruity breath
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sudden unexplained weight loss
Some of the benefits of exercise for patients with diabetes include:
- It help to achieve optimal control of blood glucose levels
- Decrease the risks of complications
- Promote a feeling of well-being.
- Reduce Risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve sense of well-being.
Interventions for diabetes mellitus
- First of all, you should follow healthy meal plan. you should balance your diet.
- patient must have adequate CHO intake correspond to the time when insulin is most effective.
- It’s better to routine your blood glucose testing before each meal.
- Do not skip meals
- Measure food accurately, do not estimate.
- Add less fatty food and low cholesterol
- Try to use complex carbohydrate because it stabilize your blood sugar. Hence, meal should include more fiber and starch and fewer simple sugars.
- Avoid concentrated sweets because they are high in sugar.
- Eat extra food before periods of vigorous exercise if you take insulin.
- Avoid periods of fasting and feasting.
- Keep weight at normal level.
- Place in a seal-able plastic bag
- Take it with you to eat healthy side dish anytime.
- They are rich in fiber and water hence, it satisfy hunger with very few calories.
- One of the few snacks in carbohydrates and fat.
- A serving of 30 g contains only 70 calories, 4 g fat and less than 1 g of carbohydrates.
- First of all, raisins have more sugar than grapes.
Nuts and dried fruits
- Although high in calories, it was found that those who consume them tend to weight less.
- Finally, make sure that you buy the version without salt.
Low fat crackers
- Buy cookies which contain at least 3 gram of fiber per serving.
- In addition, make sure that they do not have trans fats because that are related to heart disease.
- Find brands that contains no less than 5 grams of fiber and no more than 150 calories per bar.
- In addition, some bars contain up to 9 g of fiber, which helps to satisfy your appetite.