Tomato soup is the best natural source of Lycopene which has a great health benefits. In addition, you can serve it as sophisticated starter or comforting lunch.
Tomato Soup Benefits for Health
- First of all, it has high level of vitamin C which provides arterial protection.
- It has a lot of vitamins such as vitamin K and calcium.
- In addition, it prevents the clumping of platelet cells in the blood.
- Improves blood circulation and prevent anemia because it has selenium.
- Maintains healthy tendons and ligaments because it has high level of vitamin C.
- You can use it in diet because it is rich in water and fiber which keeps you full for longer time.
- Helps prevent the possibility of cancer because it contains antioxidants like lycopene and carotenoid.
- It regulates blood sugar because It contains chromium.
- Finally, It strengthens the heart and protects it from disease.
Delicious Tomato Soup Recipes
1. Spicy Tomato Soup:
- Salt to taste
- 1 onion
- Chilli powder
- one carrot
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- one tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 potato
- Optional) A cube of chicken or vegetable stock
- 500 ml water
First of all, Peel and slice the onions, chop and peel the potato, and dice the carrots. Put all ingredients in a deep saucepan. put it on fire until it comes to a boil. After that, put it for another 15-20 minutes to simmer. This soup will be thick and if you like it to be watery, try to add more water.
After simmering, you can take it off the heat and serve it hot.
2. Mexican Twist Tomato Soup:
This is a tomato soup recipe with a Mexican flavor.
- 1/2 green pepper
- 5-6 tomatoes or passata
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 onion
- 1 small tin kidney beans
First at all, chop the bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, and dice the chillies. Then puree the tomatoes and set aside. Next, fry the peppers, onion, kidney beans and chillies in in a frying pan on high heat till you smell the delicious flavors. Finally, lower the heat to medium and put the tomato passata or puree then allow it to boil for about 10 minutes.
Finally, the only disadvantage of tomato soup is that it has high sodium content.